Kindergarten Registration 2023
YOU BELONG HERE!
Shortreed welcomes new kindergarten students to our school community. Our teachers and staff are eager to meet your child and your family and get them started on their learning journey.
Registration opens January 16, 2023 and continues through until March 31, 2023. Registration will not be available at the school during Spring Break.
Please review the following information outlining documents needed and instructions to help register new learners. Registration will take place online via email at catchment schools. If you have any general questions about kindergarten registration, please contact the school by phone
T 604-856-4167 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need to produce the following documents:
- Proof of age (Birth Certificate)
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status must be provided for both student and parent (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card, Landed Immigrant documentation, Permanent Resident documentation/cards)
- Proof of residence (mortgage papers, Property Tax Notice, BC Driver’s Licence, Photo BC Services Card, subject-free purchase agreement [less than 6-month move-in date], utility bill)
- Current vaccination records* (school does not retain a copy)
- Registration Form (click for a fillable PDF)
You will need to do the following:
- Complete registration form and have documents ready. See above checklist. To ensure accuracy, filling out the form electronically is preferred over handwritten submissions.
- Submit documents online via email. Please email [insert school or staff email address here] and submit copies of documents as attachments and not images inserted into the body of the email. This will streamline the process for both parents/guardians and staff. Registration may be delayed if the required documentation is not provided.
- If you require additional support, contact your catchment school office staff to help accommodate your needs.
- For families with Indigenous Ancestry, please complete this Self-Identification Form. You can also read the Langley Aboriginal Program Brochure here.
Click here for a welcome letter from Mr. Wejr.
Download the Langley Kindergarten Brochure.
If you are unable to register online, please call or email Mrs. Engele to book an appointment.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter!
We look forward to meeting all our future Shortreed Eagles!
You BELONG Here!