Posted: April 19, 2020
Families of Shortreed,
If you have 3 minutes, please watch the video above for my weekly message with appreciation to:
- All of you for making it through week 1 of remote learning! Whatever amount you were able to participate in, we appreciate your efforts.
- All of the staff and especially those who are doing their best to work from home AND care for others in the home.
- All of those who were able to make it out to our memorable Aldergrove Family of Schools Staff Parade.
- Our support staff who are helping with the distribution of gift cards and technology as well as supervising pickups of belongings
The Week Ahead at Shortreed:
- Remote learning continues with an email or message from your child’s teacher about the plan for the week.
- Pickups for student belongings happen on Tuesday and Friday of this week. See here for more info.
- Watch for an email from Mr Wejr (on behalf of the Shortreed PAC) regarding spring Neufeld Farm orders.
Important Information from the School District:
- Click here to read the latest letter from our Superintendent, Gord Stewart.
- Educational Technology Support – As we continue our journey into at-home learning, our staff are continuing to roll out information for families on different technology platforms and how to get connected. Microsoft Classroom TEAMS and myBlueprint are being widely used across the District. You can find a new Educational Technology Support page on the District website with detailed instructions for these two apps. Visit the page here. If you require more assistance with technology, you can email email@example.com .
- Family & Community Support Webpage – District and school staff are continuing to provide support for our families during this challenging time. The District website has a new Family & Community Support page to help parents/guardians cope with the impacts of COVID-19. This page includes links to resources including a comprehensive guide developed by the Langley Children Committee, containing health, housing, and financial support information. On this page, you will also find a new weekly blog launched by Gail Markin, who is our District Teacher for Social-Emotional Learning. She will be covering a new health and wellness topic every time. Thank you to our community partners for their ongoing support. Visit the page here.
Have a great week, Shortreed. We miss you!
Stay healthy, stay safe, stay strong!